Icicles, Snow, And Goya

Newcam: 2010: Part Eleven
(February 5, 2010)

 The GOYA (Greek Orthodox Youth Association) consists of Greek Orthodox Christian youths who come together to have a bit of fun. Unfortunately, I do not have one drop of Greek blood in my body, but I do attend Greek parishes and that came close enough back in California. Their number one issue was gathering any children to join, much less Greek children.

Where the icicles and snow come in is a cabin located near Lake Tahoe. The underrated center of Californian and Nevadan attraction, the area surrounding Lake Tahoe features everything from mountains to beaches to rolling wastelands. I don't have anything more to say about the location, although you should know that I go into great detail about it in about a dozen different posts.











I should note that there was indeed no one buried underneath the snow who was desperately grabbing onto a protruding icicle for dear life. I guess from a certain angle a snow glove clasping two frozen shards of ice may look that way.




The heavy amount of snow was never an issue on our part. We made effective use of ammo for our brutal snow ball fights and harnessed its resources to create snowman masterpieces. I still have great sympathy for this bench though.





For a visit that was dedicated to bringing the members closer together, I felt more comfortable venturing out into the cabin's "backyard." During many moments, I considered whether or not I was taking advantage of my fellow Goya members, but another side of me wanted to be daring and rebellious. Of course, there wasn't anything very rebellious about wandering a few feet out into the snow, but by the time I had entered the forest, I felt utterly wild. If anything, it was quiet. That sort of winter forest quiet that occurs because no animals dare leave their homes or the wind is muffled by the trees.






Comments