And Here We Have Dead Plants

Blackcam: Part One
(April 6, 2010)

Blackcam was a temporary camera that I acquired from my father for a local contest. It had arguably superior quality photographs over my more loved Newcam, but both cameras had relatively similar features. The contest itself was a lost cause from the beginning. I had earned first place in a nationwide photography and art competition for my age group and continued my winning streak by earning third place in a more local event, but my luck ran out when my father suggesting applying for a big competition in Los Gatos. It was here that I was placed up against professional photographs who outmatched me in cameras, photograph quality, and years of experience. I did not receive any sort of reward for that event. In that brief time that I did use Blackcam, I photographed very minor and unimportant details of the hometown, but like most photographers I had fun doing it.



Comments