The Island

Newcam: The Last Art: Part Two
(October 4, 2010)

Despite having in my possession the exquisite SFcam, the school regulations dissuaded me from bringing expensive cameras onto the trip. And so did my parents. In its place, I decided to give Newcam another chance to prove itself.

This particular event would be a week-long trip to Catalina Island; such are the benefits of living near the coast and attending a private school. My grade, which consisted of only two homeroom classes, would be flying from San Jose down to Los Angeles and then take a ferry to the island, a trip which would only take a few hours by vehicle. As if irony wasn't comical enough, we ended up waiting around for three hours because we missed our ferry. I was able to pass the time with The Fellowship of the Ring, while my comrades lingered about the station in impatience.










Comments