So I Finish My Grammar Packet


* Please note that this is an early post and NOT entirely free from spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
So I finish my grammar packet and the teacher asks for every ones attention and starts discussing a new student who came in the Kidzera magazine. There was the front cover, a coloured pencil drawing of some kind of pink realistic bird. I automatically suggest that one of our students had their entry on the cover.

"Ok so before we begin math (and I was thankful for the interruption) I liked to announce that one of our students has got their entry into Kidzera." And she held the cover up high so everyone could see.

"I would like to congratulate John Nieuwsma for his summer photo entry and receiving 30 Dollars."

And then there was a burst of claps as I; shocked with surprise, walked to the center of the room seeing the picture I had entered..........


My teacher told me to explain to everyone the story behind the picture, and I could only stammer a few words that probably no one heard and rushed back to my seat. In my hand I held a check for 30 dollars, a certificate and the new issue of Kidzera.
See this picture and the another winner that didn't get put on the magazine in this link.
Also see my hall of fame page for this picture and more of my award winners.

What is Kidzera?
Kidzera is a magazine owned by Scott Smith, father of Ani Smith a close friend of mine. The magazine is purely dominated by kids entry from articles, drawings, jokes, poems, and photography. For your entries you recieve a certian amount of money deepending on your entry. See my link at the beginning of the post to visit their website.

Comments