The Monastery

Newcam: 2008: Part One and Two
(January 30, 2008)

Having destroyed a total of three cameras in my not-so-promising career as a photographer, my parents eased back on the encouragement and I slowly lost interest in the hobby. It wouldn't be until a fateful spring cleaning that my mom would discover an unused camera in one of her cupboards. I still wasn't responsible enough to claim it as my own, so she labeled the thing a "joint venture" and called it a day. Of course, she never touched it once and eventually everyone just assumed it was mine.

"Newcam," as I called it, was a significant improvement over my last few cameras, with video sound and a much more professional interface. By today's standards, it would still be considered a practical camera for tourists and beginners. If you are wondering, it's still on my shelf at this very moment, collecting dust with little use. I keep it as a souvenir of the days when I could never imagine getting any better at photography, and as a reminder of where I've come from.




















Comments

Post a Comment